Anyone have any data about the exciter coil/ladespule cdi

Hier können Reperaturfragen gestellt werden. Wie wird was wieder repariert?

Moderatoren: Kristian, tester_änderung

Antworten
Tundra Man
Frischling
Frischling

Anyone have any data about the exciter coil/ladespule cdi

Beitrag von Tundra Man »

I,m making a new effort to get my XL 500S -80 going..Ignition problem where the engine starts fine but at 2000-2500 rpm it misfires heavily and rews no higher..Have now substituted the cdi box with another used one ,,the pulsergenerator/impulsegeber with a new one,,new ignitioncoil..And the obvious plug,,plugcap,,HT cord,,connetions is new/checked.. Only the generator/lima left ..according to my Clymer workshop manual it should have 200-500 ohms at the excitercoil/ladespule cdi,, it has 345 ohms..I have measured the voltage at the red/black wire from this coil its 65 volts at idle and 92 volts when at 2000-2500 misfiring,, steady readings no fluctuations..I would be very thankful for ideas from you that have any experience from working with the excitercoil,,the voltage readings are made with an ordinary multimeter not a peak volt meter..Anyone now what those readings should be..

Making a new thema about this trying to get some answers !!
Gruss Ted..
Gunnar_HH
XL Guru
XL Guru

Re: Anyone have any data about the exciter coil/ladespule cdi

Beitrag von Gunnar_HH »

Hello Ted.

I suspect the pulse generator is blocked and does not open automatically. This could be a mechanical blockage. Please check the Pulse Generator on the crankshaft for smooth running.
The pole wheel with the markings on the left side can be checked with a stroboscope lamp.

lgnition timing for XL500S:
Initial 1200-2250 rpm: F-Mark
Between 2250-3500 rpm: Start opening
Fult advance after 3500 rpm: 36°

And a picture from XL500R, nearly the same.

Best regards
Gunnar

Junsele är verkligen långt norr om Sverige. Det mest framsyntaste jag har skött är Torsby.
Hej då
ignition-timimg.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
XL500R / Bj 82
Moto 6.5 / Bj 96
Die besten Kapitäne stehen an Land!
WAFI: Wind assisted freaking idiot
Tundra Man
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von Tundra Man »

The pulser generator is brand new,,everything is new or checked..Only the chargecoil left to change ..

Yes Junsele is pretty far north Gunnar ..
Gabriel
XL Guru
XL Guru

Beitrag von Gabriel »

Hey Ted

To my ears it sounds more like a dirty air issue than electrical. I guess false air sucking at the gasket of the garburator-insulator. Did you already check this, too?
Alternatively it could be dirt in the main jet?? :eek:

What will you do when your XL is made running with our assistence? Organize an Swedish XL-Meeting at your place??? :mrgreen:
Gruß Gabriel
Mr. XL 2005 und XL600R PD03,
Aktueller Km-Stand: 240.000km/149000mls
28. Apr, 2024: 41 Jahre Erstbesitz
"Wer friert, verliert (auch)!"
Gabi ist wasserfest - ich hab's gesehen!
Antworten