copper head gasket

Hier können Reperaturfragen gestellt werden. Wie wird was wieder repariert?

Moderatoren: Kristian, tester_änderung

Antworten
baldock
XL Berater
XL Berater

copper head gasket

Beitrag von baldock »

I ordered a 1.5mm thick c106 sheet of copper from amazon for £10 (including delivery).
Next, I scribed around the steel gasket, and then swapped to the fibre one so as to know which sections weren't needed and could be removed.
I used an 89mm hole saw to remove most of the unneeded piston bore, then filed the remainder up to the scribed circle.
I did a similar thing with a step drill for the cam chain hole.
After removing most of the outer copper with either a hacksaw or bench grinder, I filed everywhere up to the scribe lines.
Next step is to use my mapp gas blow torch to anneal (cooker/butane couldn't get it cherry red), then spray with copper sealant and back to the engine rebuild.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
PeterB
XL Guru
XL Guru

Re: copper head gasket

Beitrag von PeterB »

(-:
I like this pretty much, what you are doing there! Though I had never probs with the "Athena"-gaskets :D , I would order one of your manufactured seals, in case you will produces this for me.

beste grüße
peterb
hiha
XL Guru
XL Guru

Beitrag von hiha »

baldock hat geschrieben: 7. Oktober 2021, 16:54 Next step is to use my mapp gas blow torch to anneal (cooker/butane couldn't get it cherry red),
There is no need for cherry-red, the darkest glowing is enough, which means ~450°C

Cheers,
Hans
peter
XL Guru
XL Guru

Beitrag von peter »

the head gaskets are also available in original (metal multilayer).

Greetings Peter
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Antworten