Antworten
marietto
Frischling
Frischling

xl 500 paris dakar

Beitrag von marietto »

Bild

hallo friends!

have you some information about this bike?

Zuletzt geändert von marietto am 3. September 2007, 23:35, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Tiger-lowrider
ab - und zu Schreiber
ab - und zu Schreiber
Beitrag von Tiger-lowrider »

no, but I would have those gladly, one am enough
Paris dakar as series is me does not admit hopes for other opinions
thoxl
XL Guru
XL Guru

Beitrag von thoxl »

Hello!

Yes, is a orginal Honda bike! I think the different to the orginal XL 500 R is only the front wheel protection, the tank and seat with the support plate.

Orginal Dakar support plate
Bild

Orginal 500 R support plate
Bild

In a other version is the bike with an transport system like this.

Bild

Sorry for me bad english, but is the best i can! :wink:

greeting Thorsten!! :tanz:
Lampenerni
Bild
omagott
XL Guru
XL Guru

Beitrag von omagott »

Hy there,

It´s a XL 500 R Paris Dakar, sold as a limited edition by Honda, 500 over here in Germany, no idea how many they sold abroad.
It converts the XL to a single seater, has a 25 litres tank and came with the wider front fender.
The seating position is altered a little bit, but it´s okay, superb if compared to the ES tank which holds a little bit more fuel but makes you spread your legs, which leads to a very unnatural riding position with feet turned outwards, at least if you stand a little bit taller...like me.
The latch for the tank is altered, but can be improvised with a file, a small block of aluminum and a piece of threaded rod and a short section of plastic pipe if you can´t find the original part.
I posted a drawing of it here quite a while ago, guess why ;)

The real Dakar model used during the rallye shared many parts with the XR500R Like longer swingarm, front fork and (Eew!) the front brake drum.
On the XR500R the steering angle is less steep, the airbox is bigger and the exhaust is less restricted. The carb is bigger and the choke is attached directly. Nice bike, Bub ownes one, search the Gallery.

Cheers,
die Oma
Antworten