for all questions and answers in english

Moderator: Kristian

Antworten
danijel044
ab - und zu Schreiber
ab - und zu Schreiber

Honda xl 500r

Beitrag von danijel044 »

Hello . I have Honda xl 500r, 1983. Can somebody explain starting procedure. I have heard that she can kick you when you are starting so I want know how to awoid that? Thanks
thoxl
XL Guru
XL Guru

Re: Honda xl 500r

Beitrag von thoxl »

danijel044 hat geschrieben:Hello . I have Honda xl 500r, 1983. Can somebody explain starting procedure. I have heard that she can kick you when you are starting so I want know how to awoid that? Thanks
Hello!

Look at this Threads! I have translate with Bablefish in english! I hope it`s ok for you, or use the search funktion! :)

ankicken

ankicken

Schraubertipps

Bis dann, mfg Thorsten!! :tanz:
Lampenerni
Bild
hillclimber
XL Assistent
XL Assistent
Beitrag von hillclimber »

Hi,
I hope my English is better than the babelfish translation....
To avoid the kick back there are two important things: Do not touch the throttle handle at all while starting. Kick the starter down to the bottom, if you hesitate and stop somewhere inbetween, she can kick back. That is my experience. The starting proceedure depends on the decompression you use - there is a manual and an automatic decompression mechanism, I use only the manual one. First you have to find the top dead center, that's the point where you feel a high resistance. To overcome you use the decompression now and continue only a little until you feel the next point of reseistance which you also overcome but this time without the decompresseion lever, you let the kick start back to the top and kick with all the power you have until the very bottom end.
I am not a technician - so please correct me if there is a mistake.
Have fun - Cheers Gundi
www.hillclimbing.net
PD02 Frieda
NC27 = CB1
Beta Alp 4T
danijel044
ab - und zu Schreiber
ab - und zu Schreiber

Beitrag von danijel044 »

Ok,thanks a lot. :zustimm:
Antworten