Moderator: Kristian

Antworten
Georgios
wenig Schreiber
wenig Schreiber

XL500S 6V turn signals

Beitrag von Georgios »

Hello fellow XL500 lovers,

I own an XL500S. The turn signals are not blinking or they blink too dim. How can I improve this situation? What and where should I look? I love very much my XL500S, I intend to keep it as long as I find affordable parts and I would like to do whatever I can in personal work to keep it healthy on the road.
I thank for any help.

Georgios
Athens
Greece

PS: Is there a chance that ' ALTEC CLASSICS' will make an international section where all we non Germans can understand and search the site?
omagott
XL Guru
XL Guru

Beitrag von omagott »

Hy Georgios,
the signal lights are powered by the battery. In case you have a weak/old battery, the solenoid/relais that switches on and off the signal lights eats a lot of the power that is needed for the lights. Therefore, the lights are very dim.

3 things you can do:

get a new battery, they are cheap

get a new electronically switched solenoid for the signal lights (alltec)

clean all the contacts to the bulbs of the signal lights with fine emery cloth, especially the contacts in the signal lights housing, they are often badly corroded.

Cheers,
Oma [/list]
Hammer: Werkzeug, das sich aus einer primitiven Schlagwaffe entwickelt hat. Der Hammer wird als wünschelrutenähnliches Gerät genutzt, um das teuerste Teil zu finden das in der Umgebung des Teils liegt welches man eigentlich treffen wollte.
Georgios
wenig Schreiber
wenig Schreiber

Beitrag von Georgios »

Hello omagott,

Thank you for your advice, I appreciate. Can you help me with a link on the 'alttek' site for the electronic solenoid? I do not understand the german language. Why 'alttek' does not have an english section for international buyers?
Barnue
XL Guru
XL Guru

Beitrag von Barnue »

Hi Georgios,

Georgios hat geschrieben:Can you help me with a link on the 'alttek' site for the electronic solenoid?
Please try this link one for the electronic solenoid, in german it is "Blinkrelais 6V/3pol. elektronisch".
Georgios hat geschrieben:Why 'alttek' does not have an english section for international buyers?
Good suggestion for Erik, nice homework for the weekend ;)

Regards, Klausi
Verlieren ist wie gewinnen - nur andersrum
omagott
XL Guru
XL Guru

Beitrag von omagott »

I think it´s far better to contact Erik from Alltek direclty, we had five inquiries for parts from abroad in the last years here in the forum...not worth the hassle to create a whole new homepage in english for it. :D

but my guess is Erik is willing to provide the service if you write him an email or a fax.
Hammer: Werkzeug, das sich aus einer primitiven Schlagwaffe entwickelt hat. Der Hammer wird als wünschelrutenähnliches Gerät genutzt, um das teuerste Teil zu finden das in der Umgebung des Teils liegt welches man eigentlich treffen wollte.
Georgios
wenig Schreiber
wenig Schreiber

Beitrag von Georgios »

@Barnue: Thank you for the ALTTEC link, I would never find it myself. I have tried in the past to navigate to Eric's site but I got frustrated. I appreciate.
@omagott: I think the reason that only 5 persons last year asked something from ALLTEC, outside german speaking countries, is that it is too much trouble to try to find anything in a site of a language that is not understandable. I myself had tried in the past to buy something and I wrote to Eric an email but he never responded. I suspect that he does not know any english at all. That is a pity because he has on sale many desirable items.
omagott
XL Guru
XL Guru

Beitrag von omagott »

Gregorios,
feel free to contact me via private message when you´ve chosen the parts you want. I´ll translate and hand it over to Erik.

Cheers,
Oma
Antworten