balancer question

Hier kann über alles Mögliche geplaudert werden was mit und um unsere XL zu tun hat

Moderator: Kristian

Antworten
baldock
XL Berater
XL Berater

balancer question

Beitrag von baldock »

There are 2 things I can't see in the manual, and hopefully someone can help me.

1) The bent tabs on both of the two 'special Washers' (part 11) look as though they should be fitted on the shaft facing each other, but do the 2 bent tabs go on either side of the opening in circlip part13 (see picture) or doesn't it matter? They seem to fit perfectly though in that position!

2) Does the big washer (part 10) go on the outside of the lip (where my arrow is pointing in the picture)? Or should it be slid along from the other end of part 2, so that it sits on the inside of the lip? In that position it fits nicely in the recess that has been machined around the hole in the upper crankcase!
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Gunnar_HH
XL Guru
XL Guru

Re: balancer question

Beitrag von Gunnar_HH »

(1) The special washer in picture 1 is mounted correctly. The bent plates are to prevent the circlip from opening. On the other side correspond the other way round.
(2) The large washer belongs on the left side against the gear wheel.

Cheers Gunnar
XL500R / Bj 82
Moto 6.5 / Bj 96
Die besten Kapitäne stehen an Land!
WAFI: Wind assisted freaking idiot
baldock
XL Berater
XL Berater

Re: balancer question

Beitrag von baldock »

thanks Gunnar, your speedy reply is much appreciated :zustimm:
Antworten