Urgent question so that I can wheel it outside for some photos.

Hier kann über alles Mögliche geplaudert werden was mit und um unsere XL zu tun hat

Moderator: Kristian

Antworten
baldock
XL Berater
XL Berater

Urgent question so that I can wheel it outside for some photos.

Beitrag von baldock »

The rebuild is being done in a small space, so I need to wheel the bike outside to continue. The only thing stopping me is the rear wheel isn't in yet. I bought new wheel damp rubbers (supposedly nos). They look identical to the old ones, but there is a problem. The final drive doesn't seem to want to push in all of the way. I then put some grease on them and tapped the final drive as far as it would go with a towel/piece of wood/mallet. It seems stuck now and definitely won't go in any further. I'm guessing that the so called 'nos' parts aren't, and that the gap shouldn't be there. I've looked at an old photo before it was refurbished and the 'gap' appears to be like a recess all of the way around the circumference of the final drive. Can anyone confirm that it should go all of the way in, so that the recess can't be seen? Is there a method to fit new wheel damp rubbers that I'm not aware of, or are they just poor copies?
thanks
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Gunnar_HH
XL Guru
XL Guru

Re: Urgent question so that I can wheel it outside for some photos.

Beitrag von Gunnar_HH »

Hello Baldock,

this small gap is also normal and belongs there. The rubbers are good and fit well. If you want to separate the chain carrier from the hub later on, the chainring must remain mounted and then drive out a little more and more from the other side with a wooden stick and a hammer with light strikes.

Greetings Gunnar
spalt-kettentraeger-klein.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
XL500R / Bj 82
Moto 6.5 / Bj 96
Die besten Kapitäne stehen an Land!
WAFI: Wind assisted freaking idiot
baldock
XL Berater
XL Berater

Re: Urgent question so that I can wheel it outside for some photos.

Beitrag von baldock »

Great news. Thanks yet again Gunnar.
Hopefully it will be out in the garden then tomorrow for a few photos. :D
Antworten