removing engine paint tip

Hier kann über alles Mögliche geplaudert werden was mit und um unsere XL zu tun hat

Moderator: Kristian

Antworten
baldock
XL Berater
XL Berater

removing engine paint tip

Beitrag von baldock »

I'm nearing the end of my restoration and am about to spray the crankcases in satin black 2k.

I tried removing the original paint with stripper and wire wool, but I was using so much wool due to it clogging up with sludge and barely any paint was coming off.

Finally I used paint stripper and a stainless steel scrub pad (normally used for washing the dishes).

Although made of stainless steel, they are very soft and haven't scratched the aluminum surface.

It only took one pad to do the whole engine and the process was a lot quicker with less effort.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zorc22
XL Berater
XL Berater

Re: removing engine paint tip

Beitrag von Zorc22 »

Hello,
2 years before i had the same problem. I also tried to use chemical de-painter / stripper , sandpaper, brush - its working, but i am not satisfied.
I didnt use this stainless steel pads ( because i didnt know ).
Based of a "very good hint " i tried to use blasting with soda :cry: . Its not really good working and the Soda you will found everywhere - yes everywhere :mrgreen:
So for the next time i will try to use " ice blasting" . Unfortunatly its not possible to made " at home " and the next blasting company is about 100 km away. But this " dry ice blasting " should work really fine.
Regards
Roger
tiramisu
fleißiger Schreiber
fleißiger Schreiber

Beitrag von tiramisu »

Hello.
My very england is not the yellow from the egg but with the internet overseater it goes to understand what is loose.
God tip.
:D :D :D
2 x Honda XL 250 S
1. EZ 25. Juli 1978 - komplett revidiert und im Neuzustand und zugelassen
2. EZ 02. Mai 1980 - 34.000 KM - 9 Vorbesitzer (zuletzt 20 Jahre in einer Hand) und mit schöner Patina zugelassen
PeterB
XL Guru
XL Guru

Beitrag von PeterB »

:D
Da geht nochwas. Das "with" ist vielleicht noch zu viel Englisch. Wie wäre es stattdessen mit "cum". :lol:

beste grüße
peterb
Antworten